he Islamic Guideline on Medicine by Yusufl Al-Hajj Ahamd is one of the bestsellers at Darussalam Publishers. Realizing the dire need of Islamic content about medicine and medication processes; the writer has compiled the book while focusing on the following points.
- What is Islamic medicine?
- What type of treatment methods can be adopted and what not?
- Different treatment methods adopted by Muslims throughout history.
- Islamic guidelines about modern medication and healthcare management
- General characteristics of Islamic medicine
- Use of Haram ingredients/supplements for treatment.
The First International Conference on Islamic Medicine was held in Kuwait (January, 1981), where, the following 6 characteristics of Islamic medicine were presented and the writer also follows the same.
- Adhering to Islamic teachings and etiquette.
- Adhering to logic in practicing medicine.
- Holistic approach, paying equal attention to the body, mind and soul, for individuals as well as societies.
- Universal approach, taking into account all resources and aiming to benefit all people.
- Scientific approach, based on logical conclusions drawn from sound observations, accurate statistics and trustworthy experience.
- Excellence: achieving what other kinds of treatment failed to achieve.
Backed by strong research, the book is reliable (contains references) and comprehensive that covers a range of issues like: usage of haram things in treatment, effects of Quran on healing, dieting, Alcohol, Aids, smoking, obesity, and emotional diseases. If you are interested in learning Islamic medicine, prophetic way of healing your psychological, mental, physical, behavioral and moral diseases, get your copy today.
With easy to understand English translation by Nasiruddin Al-Khattab, Darussalam brings the same book in digital format.