Come to those who Signup
for our Newsletter
sales promotions,new arrivals
& blog posts
* Terms and conditions Apply
"Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence Concerning Muslim Women" is a comprehensive encyclopedia written by Yusuf Al-Hajj Ahmad. This book addresses those matters of life and religion that are essential in facilitating a woman's role as a mother, teacher and nurturer. It answers some of the frequently asked questions regarding Muslim Women e.g. rights of women according to Shariah, their share of inheritance and education, right to own property and right to work. It also contains information about Islamic rulings on family matters, Marriage, Divorce, Inheritance, etc. The general contents of Vol 2 are:
• Book of Ritual Prayer (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
• Book of Charity (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
• Book of Fasting (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
• Book of Pilgrimage (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought, although the legal opinions of other schools are also mentioned).
• Book of Oaths and Vows, Slaughtering, Hunting, Dressings, Adornment, etc.
• Islamic rulings on family matters, Marriage, Divorce, Inheritance, etc.
• Book of Transactions - starting from business transactions, bartering, forward buying, pre-emption; and Islamic rulings relating to contract and lending, as well as rulings pertaining to criminal offences, etc.
This book has two very important and distinct qualities:
1. Easy to read, succinct and direct.
2. The 'question and answer' layout of the book is intended to facilitate effortless comprehensibility and swift memorization.
It is in view of the 'questions and answers' format that the author has concluded this book to be easy to read and comprehensive, hoping that it will enable the Muslims to be well informed about matters concerning their religion which will in turn strengthen their faith.
Rating: Bad Good